Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Daredevil : Season 01 - Depth and violence



Now I'm not exposed to comic books in a massive way. I may have read a couple of DC, Marvel and other standalone comic book franchises, but never a big fan or a follower.

I read books, but not comics.

But in case of movies it's different. I love movies. The whole concept of movies keeps me alive.
There are no genre specification for me. So It opens your scope in movies. It's more like my second job.

So watching comic book adaptations is a kind of a sub-genre in movies I follow.

Now I'm no authority in comic Vs. Film/Tv series analysis coz like I said.

I never was into comics.

But when you watch so many comic book adaptations you get know them.

For a Sri Lankan, Comic adaptations are purely entertainment.

And Daredevil : Season 01 - Tv series is pure entertainment.

Netflix originals are amazing.

House of Cards, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Narcos.

This is the same.


Now though I personally love Daredevil (2003), many global fans hate it.

But this is loved globally and among Sri Lankan fans due to its both substance and style.

Beauty of it is how it builds on the character arcs with depth and it's connection to the plot.

The action sequences are epic and gets better every episode.

So the season 01 was an amazing inception for the television series.

Overall - 4/5

References

Images

- Daredevil (TV Series 2015 - ...), Available at : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/mediaviewer/rm2649291264

No comments:

Post a Comment